Saturday, February 28, 2009

Friday night fun!

Friday night I came home to a happy house guest. We were doggy sitting for our friends and Harley greeted me at the door with his wagging tail. It was just the two of us that night since Danny was working. On the menu was one of Danny's favorites, Taco Pie, and Harley decided to join me in the kitchen and help keep the floor clean.

I decided I would give you the recipe to one of our favorite meals. It is so simple to make that I kept myself entertained by taking pictures of each step for my blog. Hope you enjoy.

Taco Pie

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg of crescent rolls
Half bag of Tortilla chips
8 oz of sour cream
1 cup of mexican cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown ground beef according to taco seasoning packet directions.


Spray 13x9 pan with Pam.

Roll out crescent rolls and line the dish with them.


Spread the seasoned beef over rolls.


Spead the sour cream on top of the beef.


Cover the sour cream with the cheese.


Take the tortilla chips and crumble them into small pieces on top of the cheese.


Put in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.

And here is your finished product. I paired the Taco Pie with some left over Rehearsal Dinner wine. We've got plenty so I'm trying to put a dent in


2 comments:

  1. I see you guys LOVE Mexican food, yum! I've been indulging in [yellow tail] too, because I recognized it in your wedding photos. Not sure if I got the exact type though. The one I got tasted a little bitter. By the way, you're step-by-step recipe reminded me of this: The Pioneer Woman Cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do love Mexican. It's funny how most of the recipes I make have some sort of mexican seasoning in them. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete