Tuesday, March 17, 2009

American Idol through my eyes

I love American Idol so I thought I'd take notes on tonight's show and share with you. I think the last four that sang stole the show. Here's my rundown.

Michael - He sang Garth Brooks. I love Garth Brooks and the song he sang is a really fun song...Ain't going down till the sun comes up. I'll just say it was better than I expected but it wasn't anything special. I foresee Michael going home soon once his "blue-collar worker vote" runs out.

Allison - I love her voice. I think she did an awesome job with the Patti Loveless song. Randy Travis was right...she has such a mature voice for 16.

Kris - He's from Arkansas so I expected him to do well at country and he did. Simon loved him which thrilled Kris. I see him sticking around till next week.

Lil Rounds - She sang Independence Day by Martina McBride. It was just fine for me. It wasn't bad but it wasn't spectacular. She played it safe because country isn't her thing. I don't think holding back this week will hurt her. Let's hope not.

Adam - All I can say is WTF. Seriously...you're going to do that to a Johnny Cash song. It made me sick. I get what he was trying to do and be unique but not with that song.

Scott - Wild Angels, Martina McBride - I was skeptical. He pulled it off but I agree with the judges. He's got to step up. I don't think his voice is the best. I think his blindness keeps people voting. I'm not sure how long that will last.

Alexis - Interesting song choice. It was a little pitchy as Randy would say. It didn't really keep my attention.

Danny - He's been my favorite since the very beginning. I was nervous when I heard he was singing Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take The Wheel". But I thought he did a great job. The second half was much better but I just love everything he sings.

Anoop - All I can say is welcome back. He did a great job. He got the kick in the butt he needed last week to pull off a stellar performance this week.

Meaghan - Her voice is so unique. I love listening to her. I was pleasantly surprised by her performance. I think she did a great job but the girl has got to stop doing the "twist" move all the time. Dance lessons are in order.

Matt - What a way to end the night. He's another favorite of mine and he did great. Carrie Underwood will be very proud of his performance.

So to wrap things up I think/hope Michael will be going home. I wish it would be Adam for that awful performance but that won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment