Sunday, March 8, 2009

My new favorite blog to read.

I found a new favorite blog to read on Friday night while I was home bored. Danny was working of course and I knew that we would need to go to the grocery store this weekend. So I was in search of new recipes and stumbled upon this crockpot blog. This woman made it her New Year's Resolution in 2008 to cook something in her crockpot every day. And she did it. Amazing.

She uses her blog to post the recipe and pictures each day of what she made. She won't be updating it as much in 2009 but it will take me forever to get through 366 days (it was a leap year) of recipes.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

I'm making one of the recipes as we speak in my new crockpot. I'm trying the cheeseburger soup recipe. That way I can divy the soup up for us to use for lunch this week. Very exciting.

I'm also very excited about my new crockpot I bought today. I didn't really need a new one but my problem was that I'm away from home for about 11 hours each day and that is way too long for most crockpot recipes. So my new crockpot has a timer and once the time runs out it switches to warm, so this will allow me to use my crockpot no matter how long I'll be away from home. This is going to be great. I'll probably cook a lot more because crockpot cooking is so easy.

Now who wants my old crockpot? Nothing wrong with it...just no timer.

1 comment: